The Holyoke Public Schools has engaged in a partnership with Career Point to establish a career center at Dean Technical High School. The focus of the center is to provide career and job services to students, to help make connections for students between their academics and their future career options. Its establishment aligns really well with the career aspect of the high school redesign process.
We invite the public to attend the grand opening of Dean Technical High School’s Career Center and look forward to seeing you there.
Services Provided at the Dean Technical High School Career Center
- Resume, cover letter, and references development and critique.
- Job search and interview prep
- Professional clothing available for students
- Possible opportunities to gain internship/externship experience
- Work-Readiness workshops
- Exploration of postsecondary options (College, Trade School, Military, etc.)
- Application review
- FAFSA process review
- College essay prep
- Referrals to outside resources
- How to open up a bank account
- How to balance a checkbook
- Documents needed for Taxes
- And more!