ATTENTION HOLYOKE PUBLIC SCHOOLS STUDENTS, FAMILIES AND STAFF!
Join the Holyoke Public Schools delegation to walk in the Western Mass Puerto Rican Parade in Holyoke on
Sunday, June 3, 2018
11 am—12:30 pm
We are also proud to celebrate with the parade’s godmother, Yamaris Rivera, Family Access and Engagement Coordinator at Lawrence School!
Show your pride and appreciation for Puerto Rican heritage! Here are some ideas:
- Dress up as a famous Puerto Rican current or historical figure or with symbols representing your family’s hometown in Puerto Rico or Holyoke’s Puerto Rican community
- Present a group dance (salsa, folk music, bomba y plena, reggaeton, etc.)
- Represent a cultural tradition (trullas navideñas, family gatherings, San Juan’s Night, etc.)
- Queens and princesses, Kings and princes
- Present a mini-float showing elements of Puerto Rican culture (food, music, art, history, landscapes, etc.)
Call the Family and Community Engagement Department at 413-534-2000, ext. 1103, 1102, 1100 to get more information and register your participation.
Meeting Point: 10:30 am at the corner of Dwight and Main Street in Holyoke.
Parade: 11:00-12:30 pm, along Main Street ending at Springdale Park