Dear Junior Students and Families,
What an exciting time of year it is! The school counseling offices at Holyoke High North and Dean are committed to supporting each student’s personal pathway to college and career opportunities upon graduation – just about one year away! Please see the following updates from the counseling office regarding spring college/career planning events and activities:
- Grade 11 “Go Higher” Event on Friday, April 3rd, 2020. Junior students will spend the morning at HHS North experiencing a mini college fair and engaging with a panel of current college students.
- Grade 11 Big E National College Fair on Monday, April 6th, 2020. Students will have the opportunity to interact with admissions representatives from a wide-range of post-secondary institutions. This free event is located at the Eastern States Exposition Young Building West Springfield, MA. The field trip for students takes place between the hours of 8:15-11 am (sign up to participate is due by April 1st, and space is limited). Families and students are invited to attend the fair from 6:30-8:30 pm.
- Dual Enrollment Informational Meeting on Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 at 6:00 pm in the HHS North Auditorium. Learn about the benefits and requirements of taking HCC college classes while in high school! Current sophomore and junior students and their families are invited to attend.
- SAT at Holyoke High School North on Saturday, May 2nd, 2020. The SAT is a standardized test used for college admissions in the United States. Students must register in advance online by April 21st.
- College Planning Night on Thursday, May 7th, 2020 at 6:00 pm in the HHS North Auditorium. Overview on the entire college application process with MEFA and HHS School Counselors. Families of current sophomore and junior students are invited to attend.
Ongoing events in the School Counseling office:
- Scheduling for SENIOR YEAR: Counselors finished meetings with juniors this month to complete senior year course selection. Parents/guardians should have reviewed the course selection sheet and signed off on selections. Student course selections will be posted to the parent portal soon!
- The Junior Packet: Counselors will visit English classes in March to review a packet of information on how to plan for college, career, or military.
Please reach out to your child’s school counselor with any questions!
For a hard copy of this information, please feel free to print out the Junior Spring Letter 2020.
The School Counseling Department 413-534-2030