We have lots to celebrate – and learn about – this month!
October marks the launch of National School Principals Month, National Custodial Workers Recognition Day, and Bullying Prevention Month, and includes a host of other important celebrations and educational campaigns. Join us in celebrating! Email your social media submissions to email@example.com. Or post on your social media, and tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (and use our #proud2bHPS hashtag).
Learn more about how we’re celebrating, how you can join in, and all the other important details:
- National School Principals Month: We would like to give a shout out to our great principals throughout the month of October. As the leaders of our schools, they are a big part of what makes HPS so great. Send a shout out for us to share on social media and help us honor their great work.
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Hispanic Heritage Month started on September 15th and continues until October 15th. For the second half of this month, we’re asking HPS to share a photo, name and note about a local Hispanic American who has contributed to our community or nation.
- National Custodial Workers Recognition Day: On Oct. 2nd, we’re honoring our Custodial Workers! We are truly grateful for their dedication, especially their over-the-top efforts this year in their role of keeping our schools clean and safe for learning. Visit us on social media to join us in recognizing these valued members of our community.
- Bullying Prevention Month: We are encouraging everyone to wear orange on October 21st, in honor of Unity Day. Please take a picture of you or your student wearing orange and send it to us to share on social media so we can all take a stand against bullying together.
- Fire Prevention Week: From Oct. 4-10 we will be sharing valuable information for Fire Prevention Week. Please be sure to visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to learn more about this week.
- Indigenous People’s Day: Oct. 12, which was previously referred to as Columbus Day, is being observed this year as Indigenous People’s Day. We’ll be sharing more information on Facebook on this day.
- School Bus Safety Week: From Oct. 19-23, we’re asking students to participate in a poster contest depicting this year’s theme: “Be Safe – Know the Danger Zone.” Send a picture of your student’s completed poster to us and to the National Association for Pupil Transportation. Learn more about the contest rules.
- STEM Week: From Oct. 19-23, we’ll be celebrating STEM week at HPS. Share photos of your student engaging and STEM activities!
- Red Ribbon Week: From Oct. 23-31, we will be sharing information about Drug and Violence Prevention Awareness Week (also known as Red Ribbon Week). We are encouraging everyone to wear red on October 27, in honor of Red Ribbon Week. Please take a picture of you or your student wearing red and send it to us to share on social media so we can all take a stand for Drug and Violence Prevention.
Don’t forget to email your social media celebration submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post on your social media, and tag us on: