We have a lot to celebrate in April. Spring is in the air and schools are opening their doors. Plus, we have many social media celebrations on the horizon for this month. Learn more and join in!
- Paraprofessional Appreciation Day – April 1st is Paraprofessional Appreciation Day. Help us show our gratitude for our amazing paraprofessionals. Send a special shout out to a paraprofessional for us to share on social media. Let’s make sure these educators know much we appreciate them.*
- World Autism Awareness and Acceptance Day – On April 2nd, we invite you to wear solid or multi-rainbow colors and show your support for Autism Acceptance and Awareness. While previously we asked the community to wear blue, we are moving towards this relatively newer alternative to celebrate neurodiversity and inclusion, based on feedback from the autism community. April 2nd is a school holiday – Good Friday – but please still send us your photos of wearing solid or multi-rainbow colors to share with our community. Please see the article from The Place For Children with Autism to learn more about the many symbols used to represent autism acceptance and awareness.
- National Assistant Principal Week – The backbone of our schools, join us in celebrating our assistant principals the week of April 5th. Send us a message of appreciation for the assistant principal at your school and we’ll share with our greater HPS community.*
- Administrative Professionals Day – In our opinion, you can never have enough days of appreciation – especially when everyone on your team makes up such an important part of your organization, like at HPS! Help us celebrate our administrative professionals on April 21 by sending us an email with a special shout out.*
- April Vacation Week – April vacation is the week of 4/19-4/23. Show us what you’re doing on your April Break! How are you safely spending this week off from school? Have you gone on a great hike or other socially-distance walk? Share it with us!
And don’t forget to Show us your Shot! As time goes on, more and more Holyoke residents are getting their COVID-19 vaccine as they become eligible. For many, this marks a turning point in the pandemic. That is why we’d like to share your vaccine photo. When you receive your COVID-19 vaccine, take a picture and send it to us! Tell us why you’re getting the vaccine or who you’re getting it for.*