February is National Career and Technical Education month, and we have so much to be proud of on our Dean Campus, which hosts the district’s career, vocational and technical education (CVTE) program. In recent years, HPS has invested heavily to improve Dean’s culture, teaching quality and shops, while also instituting an admissions policy. As a result, Dean is now a sought-after high school option, with 40 students on the 9th grade waitlist this year because of the high demand for enrollment.
For students interested in enrolling at Dean for the fall, the digital application is open now. Our website provides a great deal of information about the nine career pathways students can prepare for at Dean. Also check out the story and video below about Dean’s highly rated Auto Collision program.
HPS is also proud to honor Black History Month this February. We’ve carefully curated a video playlist for the occasion, and we invite you to take a look.
This week’s Holyoke Update includes the following:
- Dean’s Auto Collision program
- Massachusetts releases annual Report Cards
- Finance Committee continues discussion on new middle school
- Dual Language enrollment lottery opens
- Acceleration Academies prepare students to excel
- Annual Family Language Access Survey
- Employment opportunities
- Cone of Excellence awarded to Christine Perez, ELA Teacher, Peck School
- COVID-19 updates
- Holyoke High School North
- Holyoke High School Dean Campus
- College Counseling
- Events calendar
Mr. Anthony Soto, Superintendent/Receiver