Dear Families, Partners, and Colleagues,
I am taking this moment to send a shout out to all the dedicated staff here at Holyoke Public Schools who work hard every day of the week in support of our students and the HPS mission of providing pathways for every student. We have made so much progress improving our educational programs and outcomes for our students in recent years, and this is only possible because of our dedicated team of education and support professionals.
The COVID-19 pandemic has been challenging for all of us, both in personal and professional ways. I can’t say thank you enough to our staff who have stuck with us through all of these challenges and changes to ensure that the children of Holyoke get the education and support they need and deserve.
As we move forward with our multi-year strategic planning initiative, we know that our collective path forward requires stability and continuity. It requires every single person on the HPS team to be here—next week, next month, next year—doing what we each do best. This week I announced appreciation/retention bonuses ranging from $1,000-$3,500 for all HPS staff who commit to working for the district for the coming school year. Every employee makes important contributions in their own unique ways, and together we are even stronger than when we are working alone.
This week’s Holyoke Update includes the following:
- Superintendent Soto continues sharing his Entry Plan findings
- Strategic planning committee members selected
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the highlight of weekend festivities
- Reminder to complete the Panorama survey
- Is today a good day to read with children? Absolutely
- Kindergarten enrollment, preschool and dual-language lotteries now open
- Employment opportunities
- Cone of Excellence awarded to Alison Gonzalez, Special Education Teacher, Kelly School
- COVID-19 updates
- Holyoke High School North
- Holyoke High School Dean Campus
- College Counseling
- Events calendar
And, for those who celebrate, enjoy all the St. Patrick’s Day festivities in town this weekend. I look forward to seeing you at the race and parade!
Mr. Anthony Soto, Superintendent