Dear Families, Partners, and Colleagues,
It was inspiring to work last week with the steering and advisory committees we’ve assembled to help us build a strategic plan that will guide the future for Holyoke Public Schools.
Our work is just beginning in earnest, but I can already feel the momentum starting to build. I am looking forward to the planning work continuing over the next few months as we develop and refine our vision and plan for what we want for our schools, our students and their families, our staff, and our community as a whole.
Check out this video to get a feel for the work of these two committees and the tasks that lie ahead.
This week’s Holyoke Update includes the following:
- HPS launches Strategic Planning process
- Celebrate World Autism Awareness and Acceptance Day on April 4
- Holyoke High Herald students now publishing content in Spanish
- April’s Acceleration Academy focuses on math, science, enrichment
- Enrollment under way for summer learning opportunities
- School Building Committee meets April 4
- Year-of-Excellence car giveaway open to juniors and seniors
- Community Health Needs survey underway; participants can win gift cards
- Employment opportunities
- Cone of Excellence awarded to Whitney Anderson, Maintenance Administrator, Central Supply
- COVID-19 updates
- Holyoke High School North
- Holyoke High School Dean Campus
- College Counseling
- Events calendar
Mr. Anthony Soto, Superintendent