Dear Families, Partners, and Colleagues,
As you know, I have been working with the Steering and Advisory Committees over the past few months to develop the strategic plan for Holyoke Public Schools, which will set the path forward for the next three years. An important part of a strategic plan is the mission statement, which explains why an organization exists. We have had many important conversations, but there is one issue that we haven’t reached agreement on, so we wanted to get more people involved in this discussion. Please provide your input by taking this two-question survey.
This week’s Holyoke Update includes the following:
- Ethnic Studies Block Party tonight at HHS North; everyone is welcome!
- Reminder: Two ‘Moving Forward’ conversations set for next week
- Dual Language Program still accepting lottery applications
- Families are encouraged to enroll eligible children for kindergarten
- Enrollment underway for summer learning opportunities
- HPS educator holds second book signing for new children’s book
- Employment opportunities
- Cone for Excellence awarded to Marilyn Ramos, District Translator and Interpreter
- COVID-19 updates
- Holyoke High School North Campus
- Events calendar
Mr. Anthony Soto, Superintendent