Please join me in congratulating the 36 HPS students who have been named Rising Stars for 2022 for their academic excellence, leadership, and community involvement. We are proud of their accomplishments and hopeful for their future successes. This year’s Rising Stars will be recognized this evening during an awards ceremony on the Dean campus—but I know they will also appreciate your kind words and high-fives when you see them at school, at home, or in the community.
I am also extremely proud of our 11 graduating seniors who have earned the Seal of Biliteracy on their high school diplomas. This is no small accomplishment, and they are all to be commended for their hard work and dedication to mastering multiple languages. At Holyoke Public Schools, celebrating student accomplishments is core to our culture, and we are committed to providing high-quality education that enhances learning and achievement for all our students.
Wishing everyone an enjoyable, safe, and relaxing Memorial Day Weekend!
This week’s Holyoke Update includes the following:
- Who’s who among our 2022 ‘Rising Stars’
- 11 high school seniors recognized for earning Seal of Biliteracy
- HPS releases 2022 Panorama Culture and Climate survey findings
- Staff, families, and community members add their voices to ‘Moving Forward’ conversations
- Resources available for families who need help finding infant formula
- Employment opportunities
- Cone for Excellence awarded to Haley McCormick, 2nd grade teacher, Lawrence
- COVID-19 updates
- Holyoke High School
- College Counseling
- North Campus
- Events calendar
Mr. Anthony Soto, Superintendent