About HPS Preschool
The Holyoke Public Schools offers free preschool in all of our elementary schools: Donahue, E.N. White, Kelly, Lawrence, McMahon, Metcalf, Morgan, and Sullivan schools. To apply for the Preschool lottery for SY21-22, students MUST be 3 years old on or before September 1, 2021, and be a resident of Holyoke. All full-day classrooms are reserved for students who will be four years old on or before September 1, 2021. There are no school choice slots available for preschool. Space is limited and enrollment for students without an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) is determined by a lottery. Students will be given priority, but not a guarantee, in the lottery for their zone school. Your school zone is based on your residential address. Families may inquire about space for students turning 3 years old after September 1st once the student has turned 3. Based on available space, the student can be enrolled or placed on the waitlist at that time.
**Students with an IEP do not need to fill out the lottery application and should start the enrollment process at www.enrollholyoke.com. Please reach out to the Enrollment Center at 413-534-2000, options 1 with questions.
PLEASE NOTE: There are two preschool classrooms at Metcalf and they are part of the Dual Language program. If you are interested in the Dual Language program, you will need to submit that application separately. The Dual Language application is on our enrollment website, www.enrollholyoke.com.
To complete enrollment at HPS, families must enroll the student online at www.enrollholyoke.com and upload the following documentation. Please reach out to the Enrollment Center (413-534-2000, option 1) if you need assistance in filling out the online enrollment forms or uploading any of the required documents.
- Proof of Child’s Age (e.g. birth certificate, passport, hospital record)
- Immunization records
- Lead Test (Required for kindergarten and preschool enrollment)
- Child’s physical health exam (within the last year)
- Evidence of Identification: valid driver’s license, MA ID, passport, etc.
- 2 Proofs of address in Holyoke, including 1 from EACH category:
- Evidence of Residency: Mortgage statement, signed lease, etc.
- Evidence of Occupancy: Utility bill in your name dated within 60 days
- If Applicable:
- Special Education Documentation (copy of IEP or 504 plan)
- Legal Guardianship Documentation
- Proof that adult is seeking guardianship (copy of petition form for guardianship)
Through a special a partnership with Valley Opportunity Council (VOC) HPS is able to provide expanded PreK offerings to our students and families.
Valley Opportunity Council Enrollment
VOC operates PreK classrooms at Lawrence, Morgan, and Sullivan schools. For more information about enrolling in Valley Opportunity Council (VOC) please call (413) 552-1559, extension 329.