The Communications Department, located in the Media Center at Holyoke High School, manages all internal and external communications of the Holyoke Public School District. We set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages to consistently articulate Holyoke Public Schools’ mission and core values to families, staff, partners and stakeholders. We distribute content to inform and promote district events, activities, programs, district vision and values, while providing a special focus on celebrating our educators and students.
We are responsible for publishing to the following district communications platforms: the district website, Channel 12 TV, Receiver/ Superintendent Zrike Holyoke Updates, press releases, bulletin board messaging, event streaming, social media (Facebook and Twitter) and Connections Newsletter.
If you would like to be added to the Holyoke Update or Connections Newsletter distributions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distribution of Non-School Sponsored Literature* Practices
Holyoke Public Schools will not allow distribution of flyers/information to students if a fee is charged for the service or event. (Exceptions may be made if the fee is nominal, $5.00 or less, or if fee waivers or scholarships are offered based on financial need.)
Materials submitted to the Holyoke Public Schools for posting/distribution to students or their families by outside organizations or individuals are not to be posted/distributed unless written authorization is given in advance by the Director of Communications or his/her designee. The Director of Communications shall develop and maintain a process by which literature posting/distribution through the schools by school-related, non-profit organizations is controlled in a manner consistent with the interests of the children of the school system as well as the community at large.
- Materials from any source outside the Holyoke Public Schools shall be approved or disapproved each time the material is presented to the District.
- An exact copy of the literature to be posted/distributed in English and Spanish should be emailed to the Superintendent’s Executive Assistant, Jeanne Stone at email@example.com along with specific details about the intended audience and the method of posting/distribution.
- Only materials from school-related, non-profit organizations will be considered for approval.
- Organizations should allow for at least five business days for approval.
- Upon approval, the District will provide the organization with an approval notification that they can share with schools posting/distributing materials.
- Organizations whose materials are approved by the Director of Communications are responsible for bundling and delivering materials to the schools.
- All flyers to be posted/distributed must include the following disclaimer:
The (Insert program name) is not a program or event sponsored by the Holyoke Public Schools. The District has neither reviewed nor approved the program, personnel, activities, or organizations announced in this flyer. Permission to post/distribute this flyer should not be considered a recommendation or endorsement by the District. Although approving posting/distribution of this information, the District does not assume responsibility for the content or activities described herein.
El (Insertar nombre del programa) no es un programa o evento patrocinado por las Escuelas Públicas de Holyoke. El distrito no ha revisado ni aprobado el programa, el personal, las actividades o organizaciones anunciadas en este folleto. El permiso para publicar/distribuir este folleto no debe considerarse como una recomendación o aprobación por parte del Distrito. Aunque aprueba la pubicación/distribución de esta información, el Distrito no asume repsonsabilidad por el contenido o las actividades descritas en este folleto.
* Note- Non-School Sponsored Literature means and includes all information that is not produced by the Holyoke Public Schools, any school within the District or a formally recognized extension of the District or any such school (e.g., PTOs, Booster Organizations, etc.).
See more at School Committee Policy File: KHC – DISTRIBUTION OF FLYERS