Attendance Zones

School Attendance Zones

Students entering HPS in Grades K-8 will be assigned to schools based on the Attendance Zone where they reside. Any student who leaves and re-enters HPS will be assigned to a school based on the Attendance Zone they reside in at the time of re-entry.  A new address may mean a new Attendance Zone School assignment. For more information:

Considerations for Using the HPS Attendance Zone Locator and Map

The boundary map information displayed in the Holyoke Public Schools School Attendance Zone Locator can be used to locate schools and display attendance boundaries. HPS has made substantial efforts to ensure accuracy of information, however, anomalies in street representation can and do occur. Therefore, before committing to a move or property purchase with the intent of attending specific schools, the address should be verified via telephone with a representative of the Student Assignment Office at 413-534-2055. Please have a complete address listing ready when inquiring, including house number, complete street name, and zip code.

Attendance boundaries can and do change to accommodate emerging road patterns, the opening or closing of a school, to relieve overcrowding in schools, etc. There is no expressed guarantee to the perpetuity of any given boundary.

These maps do not reflect any administrative policies or programs of HPS, which could influence student enrollment at a given school (e.g. enrollment caps, special education placement, etc.)

For any other questions regarding these maps, please contact the HPS Student Assignment Office at the number listed above.

Transfers between School Attendance Zones due to Change of Address

If you change addresses during the school year, you should request a transfer to the school in your new attendance zone by completing a  Zone Transfer Request and submitting proof of residence for your new address at the Student Enrollment & Family Empowerment Center. If you are changing addresses during the second semester of the school year, you may choose to remain in the old school for the remainder of the year, but please note that bus transportation to the new school will not be provided.  Read more about zone transfer requests.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email