Cones for Excellence in Building Strong Student Pathways
In the Holyoke Public Schools, we are recognizing a deserving team member who embodies our values, lives up to our equity commitments, and works diligently to ensure our students are prepared for success in school and beyond.
- We encourage bold thinking
- We explore all possibilities for student success
- We embrace all students & families as our own
- We empower school teams to impact change
- We engage in meaningful feedback
- We ensure that the students, families, and staff who need the most get the most.
- We incorporate the voices of those impacted.
- We promote access and inclusion for all students, families, and staff.
- We reflect and embrace the greater diversity of our students and families.
- We work to be an anti-racist and culturally-responsive community.
At HPS, we work to build and grow our students’ ability to: effectively communicate, think critically, productively engage as community members and become mindful individuals.
More About the Award:
These deserving staff members will be surprised with a construction cone that displays the words: “Awesome,” “Well Done,” and “Great Job” and an ice cream cone gift certificate, donated by Friendly’s. Additionally, they will receive a lapel pin that displays the words: “HPS Champion” to attach to their lanyard, in recognition for their outstanding work.
Congratulations to these winners who are focused on providing a high-quality educational experience and offering multiple pathways for students to succeed:
- Julie Diaz, Lawrence School EL Teacher
- Carlos Quiles, HPS IT Department
- Corrine Moguel, STEM Adjustment Counselor
- Richard Rodriguez, HHS North Adjustment Counselor
- Kara Theriaque ABA paraprofessional at E.N. White
- Brittany Morin Makowski, ABL teacher at Donahue
- Jenn Self, Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Central Office Team: Virginia Roche, Michelle Macklin, Brian Harris, Jacqueline Escalera, Kelly Curran, Chris Noel Labieniec, and Amanda Smith.
- Ms. Jessica Neihmer, Kindergarten teacher from Sullivan School
- Ms. Ruell, Kelly School special education teacher
- Molly Maturo, special education teacher at Peck School
- Luis Morales, Food Service Delivery Supervisor
- Judy Taylor, Director of Communications
- Joseph Corrales from Food Services
- Middle School ABL Team at Donahue School: Judy Rodriguez, Michelle Brazinsky, Elsa Pagan, Miguel Rodriguez & Melissa Nestor
- Caitlin O’Hare, support paraprofessional at McMahon School
- Gidella Cabrera, bus driver for Sullivan and STEM
- Jessica Bresnahan, long-term substitute at Sullivan School
- Kimberly Longe, ETL at Metcalf & Lawrence
- Ramon Cosme, Holyoke STEM Academy
- Glenda Curbelo, Lawrence School Office Manager
- Nestaz Vega, Senior custodian from STEM/HHS Dean Campus
- Emily Shankle and Alexis Finn, Special Education Teachers at Holyoke STEM Academy
- Jessica Santana, Instructional Assistant
- Crystal Ortona, Morgan School Kindergarten Teacher
- Dustin Rose, Kelly School STEM teacher
- Rebecca Lamb, Enrollment Center Manager Central Office
- Kate O’Donnell and Axelmma Martinez, E.N. White Dual Language Kindergarten Teachers
- Melissa Lawson, McMahon School Art Teacher
- Corrine Thomas, Donahue School 4th-Grade Teacher
- Kathryn Lorenzi, Kelly School Kindergarten teacher
- Chris O’Connell, Holyoke High School North Campus Adjustment Counselor
- Mayra Rodriguez, Holyoke High School Dean Campus Adjustment Counselor
- Maricely Negron, Metcalf School Paraprofessional
- Lisa O’Neil, McMahon School Special Education Teacher
- Gerry Lane, Peck/Veritas Schools Senior Custodian
- Ilka Rivera,McMahon School Registered Behavior Technician
- Rosie Serrano, Human Resources Central Office
- Marilyn Colby, Donahue School Nurse
- Yessenia Lopez, Veritas Prep ELA Teacher
- Jerry Serrano, McMahon School Cook
- Heather Roberts, Districtwide Physical Therapy Assistant
- Ryan Dearing, Kelly School Counselor
- Elena Danek, Sullivan School ELL teacher
- Angela Morales, Opportunity Academy
- Lisa Destefano, Morgan School
- David Rudzik, Metcalf School
- Darlene Henshaw, Holyoke High School Art Teacher
- Ms. Casey Doreums, Lawrence School
- Frederick Caswell, Peck School
- Tammy Cato, E.N. White 5th-Grade Teacher
- Roberto Vicente
- Jariela Cruz Caliz, Middle School Alternative Teacher
- Trish Wilson, Donahue School
- Odalis Acevedo, Metcalf School
- Amy Nill, Peck School
- Dr. Laura Chiaravalloti, Holyoke STEM Academy
- Laura Vazquez, Holyoke High School North Campus School Counselor