HPS uses the Panorama Culture and Climate survey tool to gather feedback from our students, staff, and families.
The Spring 2022 survey is now closed!
Thank you to everyone who completed the 2022 Panorama Culture and Climate Survey. We administer this survey each spring so we can measure how our stakeholders are feeling about our district’s culture and climate and to gather crucial insights that will guide our efforts in continuing to improve our schools and our district as a whole. Your feedback will help us continue to make strides so Holyoke families see HPS as their first choice for their children’s education.
We will post findings from the 2022 Panorama survey soon.
A look back at the Spring 2021 survey results
For the 2021 survey, 1,018 families provided feedback. In addition, 65% of our students took the survey, as did 79% of our staff. Visit the Panorama website and choose the Holyoke icon to view district results, or click on the Schools icon to view individual school results.
In 2021, we were particularly encouraged by:
- More than half of the students in all grades feeling they were getting the help they needed with their schoolwork at that time;
- Stronger relationship building, in all grades, with more students feeling connected to, encouraged and supported by adults at school;
- More students reporting that their teachers seemed excited to be teaching classes;
- More students in all grades feeling their culture and native language were respected, with an increase among all grades since the 2020 survey;
- Three quarters of teachers feeling their school engaged in a culture of meaningful communication and feedback with leadership;
- Teachers and staff reporting increased positive work environments;
- Families feeling that schools embraced students and families as their own; and
- Families feeling encouraged that their child’s school helps them to do well and believe they can achieve success.
Last year, we noted room for improvement in a number of areas, including:
- Ensuring SEL supports are in place in the fall to address low levels of students feeling connected to their peers and other adults in school during COVID;
- Increasing culturally responsive teaching and increasing educational materials that reflect the cultural backgrounds of our students;
- Aligning feedback from professional development sessions directly with Panorama results in order to ensure these trainings reflect the needs of staff; and
- Pushing for movement among family survey results given the long standing stagnation in results.
Thank you for your continued engagement and please know that surveys are just one way we collect feedback. Please reach out to us with questions and suggestions throughout the year.