Return to School Update
Since the start of the 2020-21 School year, the majority of HPS students have been learning remotely. For selected groups of students (called “Cohort C”), remote learning cannot effectively meet their educational needs, so we have been offering them an in-person learning option.
On February 22nd, we began phasing into our hybrid model (a combination of in-person and remote learning), starting with our students in preschool and Kindergarten who have selected to participate in the hybrid model. These students began attending school in-person four days a week: Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday (joining the “Cohort C” group).
The target start dates for all other grade levels can be found on our hybrid webpage.
We will continue to follow DESE guidance and partner with the Holyoke Board of Health to monitor our district and Holyoke health data to slowly bring more students back to in-person learning in a hybrid model. Providing all our students with the best learning model possible while prioritizing the health, safety, and well-being of all students and staff is our top priority.
Return to School Resources
- Calendar SY 20-21
- COVID 19 Health & Safety Measures & Protocols
- COVID-19 Holyoke Health Metrics
- Food Services
- Frequently Asked Questions FAQs (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Learning Models
- Need Internet Access?
- Return to School Packet (online, preferred) | OR Printable version (PDF)
- Return to School Plan | Plan Update 10-20-20 (PDF)
- Scheduling Information & Samples
- Special Education/Pupil Services
- Technology Support & Resources for Students
- Vaccination & Medication Reminders, Nursing Contacts, Health & Wellness
Student and Staff Pledges to stay home when ill and follow precautions:
Do We Have Your Current Contact Information?
Please check your email periodically for district news and updates. If you have not been receiving our emails, texts, and phone calls through the district messaging system, please complete this form. Provide your email, phone number for texts, and your child’s name, grade, and school so that we can update our system. We strive to provide timely communication to keep you informed of all that is happening in our schools.