Return to School Background
The majority of HPS students began the school year remotely. For selected groups of students (called “Cohort C”), remote learning cannot effectively meet their educational needs, so they were offered an in-person learning option.
On February 22nd, we began phasing into our hybrid model (a combination of in-person and remote learning):
- Preschool and Kindergarten selecting in person learning returned on February 22nd. Starting on April 5th these students began attending school in person 5 days/week.
- Grades 1-2 students selecting in person learning returned Monday, March 8th. Starting on April 5th these students began attending school in person 5 days/week.
- Students in grades 3-5 who selected in-person learning returned on March 22nd. Starting on April 5th these students began attending school in person 5 days/week.
- Students in Grades 6-8 who chose to participate in school-based Campus Learning Centers (CLCs) returned the week of March 29th. Starting April 26th these students began attending school in person 5 days/week.
- Students in Grades 9-12 who selected to participate in school-based Campus Learning Centers (CLC) did so at both Dean and North Campus. Dean Campus has also been running a schedule of 1 day/week in person by grade level “Vocational Learning Day” throughout the year. As of May 17th, all students in Grades 9-12 who selected in-person learning will attend school in person 5 days a week.
Students in grades PreK-5 returned on April 5th and Middle School students returned on April 26th.
Holyoke High School, North Campus students returned to in-person or fully remote beginning Friday, May 14 as follows and Holyoke High School, Dean Campus students in grades 9-12 on Monday, May 17th.
Return to School Resources
- Calendar SY 20-21
- COVID 19 Health & Safety Measures & Protocols
- COVID-19 Holyoke Health Metrics
- Food Services
- Frequently Asked Questions FAQs (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Learning Models
- Need Internet Access?
- Return to School Packet (online, preferred) | OR Printable version (PDF)
- Return to School Plan | Plan Update 10-20-20 (PDF)
- Scheduling Information & Samples
- Special Education/Pupil Services
- Technology Support & Resources for Students
- Vaccination & Medication Reminders, Nursing Contacts, Health & Wellness
Student and Staff Pledges to stay home when ill and follow precautions:
Do We Have Your Current Contact Information?
Please check your email periodically for district news and updates. If you have not been receiving our emails, texts, and phone calls through the district messaging system, please complete this form. Provide your email, phone number for texts, and your child’s name, grade, and school so that we can update our system. We strive to provide timely communication to keep you informed of all that is happening in our schools.
Please visit our School Safety web page for more videos on more HPS safety protocols.
Check your Symptoms!
As a reminder, we wanted to share that each morning families should symptom-check their children at home prior to leaving for school to identify signs and symptoms that may be related to COVID-19. To serve as a guide for symptom-checking, the nursing team has developed a Daily Screening Tool for use each morning to identify signs and symptoms that may be related to COVID-19. Download and print the Daily COVID-19 Screening Tool (PDF)| En Español (PDF)and remain home if you have symptoms.
Register Your Student for Free COVID-19 Pooled Testing Program
We are excited to share that in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, HPS will be offering a free COVID-19 pooled testing program for students and staff at our schools. By working together to test every student and staff member who opt into the program each week, we will keep our entire school community safer. Learn more.