A big thank you to the 1,337 families, 2,650 students in grades 3-12, and 749 staff members who completed our culture and climate survey this spring.
Click here to view survey results on the Panorama Education website. Choose the Holyoke icon for district results and the Schools icon for individual school results.
This input and feedback on our schools and district overall are critical to ensuring that we adapt and refine our strategy and implementation. This feedback has already been used to inform schools’ plans for SY17-18.
As a district, we were particularly encouraged to see:
- High completion rates, particularly at Morgan, Kelly, McMahon and EN White
- More students reporting that their teachers have high expectations of them and that they feel connected to adults at school
- High number of students reporting that they know what to do to get a good grade and feeling safe in their classroom
- More teachers reporting that the school is supportive of their growth as a teacher and they are trusted to teach in the way they think is best
- High number of families reporting they feel welcome in their child’s school and receive a prompt to response to calls and emails
- More families reporting that they meet with their child’s teacher every few months
We still have a lot of room for improvement, particularly in the following areas:
- Ensuring that the behavior of other students at school helps learning, rather than detracts from it
- Ensuring that students who need additional support receive it
- Providing more instruction and materials that reflect our students’ diverse background