Influenza Vaccine Encouraged for School Attendance: Students in grades PreK through Grade 12
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health continues to strongly recommend that everyone age six months and older receive their seasonal flu vaccine each year.
Why should my child get the influenza vaccine?
Which students need to receive the influenza vaccine?
When do students need to receive the influenza vaccine?
Is it possible for my child to get the flu from the influenza vaccine (flu shot)?
Are there any exemptions to receiving influenza vaccine?
What type of influenza vaccine can students receive?
Do younger students require 2 doses according to ACIP guidelines?
- English & Spanish FLU Fact Sheets
- Spanish Language FLU resources
- HPS Nurse Sheneece Velazquez Flu Presentation
- Ad Council: No One Has Time for Flu video
- Seasonal Flu Facts (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- The Flu Guide (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Children & Influenza (Flu)
- Los niños y la influenza
- Is the Flu Shot a Good Idea for Your Family?
- ¿La vacuna antigripal es una buena idea para su familia?
- Does My Child Need a Flu Shot?
- ¿Mi hijo necesita una vacuna antigripal inyectable este año?