Join us for summer learning and fun at HPS!
We are excited to announce our free, high-quality summer learning opportunities for HPS students.
Students Entering Grades 1-9
Summer Program flyer | (En Español) | Register online today! | En Español)
Summer Program flyer | (En Español) | Register online today! | HHS Summer Academy Policy Form
Summer Reading Challenge
Letter to Families (PDF) with detailed information | (En Español) (PDF) | Flyer (PDF)| En Español (PDF)
The PreK – Grade 8 Challenge:
- Read at least 20 minutes a day
- Have a parent/guardian initial the reading calendar (below) for each day of reading
- List up to 10 of your favorite books that you have read
- Return it to your school by September 7th
- Reading Calendar
- Recommended Reading List PK-8
The High School Challenge:
The 2019 Holyoke Public Schools Summer Reading Challenge is part of a city-wide campaign for summer reading.
- All students that return the Summer Reading Challenge will be eligible to win a tablet.
- The school with the highest percentage of calendars turned in will receive a School Wide Treat of an ice cream party or pizza party.
- If students across the city read at least 2 million minutes (the bar has been raised), city officials will return to the dunk tank at Celebrate Holyoke!