COVID-19/ Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers for the HPS Community
Where can I find information about COVID-19 resources, information, information about the vaccine, and more?
Visit our Health,Wellness, and Nursing webpage for COVID-19 resources, information about the vaccine and school safety measures and protocols.
Is there information available about school safety measures and protocols?
Visit our school safety webpage for COVID 19 Resources, Health & Safety Measures & Protocols.
Do you have suggestions for how to talk to my child about COVID-19?
There are several resources available. Here is an article from Time entitled, All Your Coronavirus Questions, Answered, as well as some articles about how to talk to your child about Coronavirus:
- New York Times: Talking to your child about the Coronavirus. The primary recommendations are: 1) assess what your child knows, 2) process your own anxiety first, 3) don’t dismiss your child’s fears, 4) talk at an age-appropriate level, 5) emphasize good hygiene, 6) frame potential school closures as a positive.
- New York Times: Helping teens manage their anxiety around the Coronavirus
- Brainpop – Coronavirus child-friendly video on Brainpop
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Fight Germs. Wash Your Hands |Acabe con los microbios. ¡Lávese las manos!
- NPR – What Kids Want to Know about Coronavirus
- NASP – Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource