District Closure due to COVID-19/ Coronavirus
Closure Guidelines (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
Family Community Resource Guide (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
Important Resources for HHS
- Letter to Families about Safety and Security on our Two High School Campuses (from Dr. Mahoney)
- Dr. Mahoney’s Family Newsletter
- Student Registration Packet (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Programs of Study & Course Catalog 2020-21(PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Programs of Study & Course Catalog 2019-20 (PDF) | En Español (PDF
- HS SIP Executive Summary (for staff) (PDF)
- School Operational Plan 2019-20 (for staff) (PDF)
About Holyoke High School
Students at Holyoke High School (HHS) receive in-depth, well-rounded, MassCore-aligned education that provides them with exposure to a wide array of college and career opportunities in the area of their emerging interests and community-based learning opportunities. HHS is a community rooted in tradition and in its commitment to providing students with a world-class learning experience designed to prepare them for college, career, and community leadership.
HHS consists of three campuses: Dean, North and Opportunity Academy. All campuses serve students in grades 9-12, and students at both campuses have access to the full high school experience.
The Dean Campus hosts the school’s nine career vocational technical education programs:
- Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Culinary Arts
- Diesel Technology
- Health Assisting
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Programming and Web Development
Learn more about what these programs have to offer.
The North Campus hosts a comprehensive academic program, featuring three linked-learning academies that focus on a specific series of courses, work-based experiences, (such as job shadowing and internships with local companies), and projects. Each academy also includes regular curriculum courses — English language arts, math, science and social studies. The three linked-learning academies include:
- Community and Global Studies (CGS)
- Performing and Media Arts (PMA)
- Engineering and Life Sciences Academy (ELS)
Learn more about what students gain from each linked-learning academy.
The Opportunity Academy Campus offers a set of alternative high school pathways that allow students to continue or restart on a pathway to a diploma if they are not succeeding at Holyoke High School North or Dean Campus. Students can earn high school credits, prepare themselves to pass the MCAS, and graduate with a Holyoke Public Schools Diploma. Opportunity Academy’s three different programs include:
- Gateway to College where students can earn HS and college credit
- HPS Success Center, a combined program for HS students & adult learners.
- LightHouse Holyoke, a program for a small number of HPS students to earn HS credits through a partnership with LightHouse Holyoke.
Learn more about what Opportunity Academy offers to students.
Both Dean and North Campus feature our Freshman Academy structure, and multiple opportunities for early college and dual enrollment in college classes. The North campus hosts Early College programs in partnership with Westfield State University and Holyoke Community College. Students who are new to the English language and the country can enroll in the Newcomer Program on the North Campus.
Holyoke High School North Campus Associate Principal Curriculum & Instruction
500 Beech Street
Holyoke, MA 01040
Phone: (413) 534-2020/21 Ext. 1107
Fax: (413) 534-2098
Hours: 8:10 AM – 2:55 PM (M, T, Th, F)
Early release Wednesdays at 2:05 PM
Hours: 7:45 AM – 2:30 PM (M, T, Th, F)
Early release Wednesdays at 1:40 PM
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
“I genuinely think there isn’t another high school where you can go to get such an amazing educational experience. As students, we are offered so many programs and academic opportunities to take advantage of — it’s very versatile.”
“It’s also easy to develop relationships with the staff at HHS, which means you’d never go unnoticed in any of your classes.”
– Salome Moreno, HHS Student
- CVTE Programs
- Early College and Dual Enrollment
- Freshman Academy/ 9th-grade Resources
- High School Academies
- High School Redesign
- HHS Dean Campus
- HHS North Campus
- Opportunity Academy
- Report Card & Progress Reports Schedule (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- School Counseling/Guidance
- Seal of Biliteracy
- The Herald