About College Search and Planning
The college search and planning process can be exciting and challenging for students and their caregivers. The College Counseling program at Holyoke High School suggests using some of the following tools and resources to assist you in this process.
Search for Colleges: College Search Tools
College Planning Tools
- Admissions Criteria for MA State Public Universities
- Programs for students hoping to transfer from MA community colleges to 4 year universities (Mass Transfer and Commonwealth Commitment)
- CollegeWise: a great resource for all things college: counseling, test prep, etc.
Applying to College Resources
- The Common Application is an application used by many colleges
- Transcript Request Form (use this form to have a transcript or counselor letter of recommendation sent to colleges or other institutions)
Resources for Financial Aid
- The Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA) has great workshops, recorded webinars, loan repayment calculators and support staff to help you understand financial aid.
- Net Price Calculator: this tool is available on every college financial aid website and will estimate how much financial aid any individual college is likely to give to a student
- Federal Student Aid website: provides information about loans and other federal financial aid resources. Also has a loan repayment calculator
- Financial Aid Applications:
- Collegeboard Opportunity Scholarship Program-students are encouraged to sign-up for this college planning and scholarship program. It’s easy!