- Dean Culinary Students Grow Organic Greens, Develop Recipes and Business Skills – William J. Dean Technical High School (Dean) is the first career and technical education (CTE) school in New England to feature the EvanLee Grow Racks, a patented Super Grow System where organic vegetables are grown in primitive soil, indoors. Using experiential and project-based learning, students in the culinary program are immersed in a school day that encourages and rewards a proactive educational culture. Students are developing recipes featuring the produce (such as herb buttermilk biscuits, and a basil, walnut pesto) at catered luncheons on premises. They are also learning how to run a business through production, marketing, advertising, and sales, as they sell their greens and products to faculty through the Culinary Arts cafe. Read more.
- Student shout-out – Angel Martinez, a senior, from the Health Assisting Shop, has been chosen as the Outstanding Vocational Student of the Year from Dean Tech (Holyoke High South) and has represented the school at a special awards ceremony April 12th in Worcester, Massachusetts.
- Shear Perfection Salon located at Dean Technical High School (HHS South Campus) is open for business. Clinic Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 A.M.-1:30 P.M. Students are hard at work learning all aspects of Cosmetology and are young professionals working on their craft. You can call to make an appointment at 413-534-2071. View video (to the right) of the salon in action!
William J Dean Technical High School graduates all students prepared to succeed in the college or career pathway of their choice.
Congratulations Class of 2018!
- Assessment and Accountability | School Report Card Letter (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Career Center
- Code of Conduct and other District Policies
- Dean Technical Operational Plan
- High School Redesign
- Registration Grades 9- 12
- School Operational Plan 2018-19 (for staff) (PDF)
- Student Pathways
- Summer Learning and Reading
- 2017 Graduates