Resources for Students, Staff and Families
- We are accepting applications for students who will be entering 5th or 6th grade in 2019-20 and reside outside of the Morgan & Kelly school zones
- Back to School (PDF)
- Uniform Information (PDF)
- Summer learning academies and summer reading and math challenges
- Please contact us for Transportation questions: 413-534-2000 x1640
- Veritas Prep School Operational Plan 2019-2020 (for staff) (PDF)
About Veritas Prep Holyoke
Veritas Prep Holyoke is a college prep middle school, where our close-knit community sets high expectations for each student and supports them with daily tutoring and customized supports.
Veritas Prep Holyoke opened in the Fall of 2018 with 130-150 students in grade 5. Veritas will grow by one grade per year to serve 515-600 students in grades 5-8 when operating at full capacity. The desire to open a new middle school option is aligned with our vision of a pathway for every student and our desire to create more choice for students and families. It also fits in with our longer-term planning of having 2-3 middle schools for students in Holyoke in the next few years.
Why Veritas Prep Holyoke?
Veritas is one of the highest performing schools in Massachusetts and has a proven track record in Western Massachusetts.
- The most recent MCAS data shows Veritas Prep Charter School (VPCS), a public school on the south end of Springfield, ranks second in the Commonwealth for math student growth percentiles (SGP) and fifth for English language arts (ELA).
- Additionally, more than 70% of Veritas 8th grade students met or exceeded expectations in ELA and Math, far above the statewide average of less than 50%.
- VPCS parents are highly satisfied with their child’s education. More than 90% of parents agree that the school provides their child with the necessary skills to succeed, that teachers are easily accessible, and that the school is safe.