We are accepting applications for students who will be entering 5th or 6th grade in 2019-20 and reside outside of the Morgan & Kelly school zones.
We hope you can join us at the following events:
- Information Session/Open House 1 on Wednesday, February 6th from 5:00-6:00 pm
- Tour 1: Wednesday, February 27th from 8:30-9:30 am
- Information Session/Open House 2: Wednesday, March 6th from 5:00-6:00 pm
- Tour 2: Tuesday, March 12th from 1:00-2:00 pm
About Veritas Prep Holyoke
Veritas Prep Holyoke is a college prep middle school, where our close-knit community sets high expectations for each student and supports them with daily tutoring and customized supports.
Veritas Prep Holyoke opened in the Fall of 2018 with 130-150 students in grade 5. Veritas will grow by one grade per year to serve 515-600 students in grades 5-8 when operating at full capacity. The desire to open a new middle school option is aligned with our vision of a pathway for every student and our desire to create more choice for students and families. It also fits in with our longer-term planning of having 2-3 middle schools for students in Holyoke in the next few years.
Why Veritas Prep Holyoke?
Veritas is one of the highest performing schools in Massachusetts and has a proven track record in Western Massachusetts.
- The most recent MCAS data shows Veritas Prep Charter School (VPCS), a public school on the south end of Springfield, ranks second in the Commonwealth for math student growth percentiles (SGP) and fifth for English language arts (ELA).
- Additionally, more than 70% of Veritas 8th grade students met or exceeded expectations in ELA and Math, far above the statewide average of less than 50%.
- VPCS parents are highly satisfied with their child’s education. More than 90% of parents agree that the school provides their child with the necessary skills to succeed, that teachers are easily accessible, and that the school is safe.
Mr. Rue Ratray, Principal
1916 Northampton Street (enter at Door 16)
Holyoke, MA 01040
Phone: (413) 535-0181
For Transportation questions please contact:
Hours: 7:35 a.m. – 3:35 p.m., with an early release at 1 p.m. on Wednesdays for staff development