Holyoke Public Schools’ five strategic priorities are essential for the district to achieve its vision of “A Pathway for Every Student.” The strategic priorities are centered around each school having the resources, support and focus needed to develop and implement a highly effective School Strategic Plan. All schools have engaged in a rigorous and reflective planning process to develop unique school strategic plans, designed to support students academically, behaviorally and social-emotionally. Our students will graduate prepared to excel in college, career and community leadership.
Within these priorities, we are building on our past efforts and focused on 5 focused and highly impactful initiatives for school year 2017-18:
- Develop and implement strong systems to monitor student progress at each school
- Improve the alignment and effectiveness of professional learning
- Utilize the educator evaluation system to accelerate professional learning
- Strengthen our ability to examine the intersection of language development and disability
- Establish and foster relationships with students that are achievement-oriented.