The student drop off and pick up routes at Peck School and Holyoke Middle School have been changed while an underground sewer pipe is replaced in the school parking lot as part of a City of Holyoke emergency repair project. This change began on Tuesday, October 11 and will remain in effect for about two weeks while the repair work is completed.
Portions of Chapin Road—the main street to both schools—will be blocked off, so arrival and dismissal plans have been altered while the repair work is underway. School staff will be on site during drop off and pick up times to help direct vehicles.
The following changes are in effect until the work is completed:
- The entrance from Chapin Street is closed to regular traffic, with only mini buses, school vans, and delivery vehicles allowed access.
- Larger school buses are being routed to MacKintosh Terrace for student drop offs and pick ups.
- Families who are dropping off or picking up students should use Russell Terrace to enter school grounds.
- A temporary U-turn has been paved at the bottom of the construction site so vehicles can turn around in the parking lot. Once turned around, all vehicles will be directed where to park.
- Note: Vehicles not transporting students that enter from Northampton Street will be rerouted to Sherwood Terrace during bus drop off and pickup times.
“We appreciate everyone’s cooperation with these driving route changes,” said Assistant Superintendent Stephen Mahoney, “and we especially thank our school neighbors for their patience while the repair work is completed.”