- 11-15-18 Holyoke Update - November 15, 2018 Dear Families, Partners, and Colleagues, We would like to share information with you about the Read More
- Wednesday, November 21st is a Half Day – See dismissal times for each school. Schools and district offices will also be closed November 22nd-23rd. - Wednesday, Nov. 21st is a Half Day as it is the beginning of Thanksgiving Break. Also, schools and district offices will Read More
- Save the Date – Nov. 15th & 16th – Mass College Application Celebration for High School Seniors - The Massachusetts College Application Celebration for high school seniors is taking place from 8:30 AM - 2 PM on November Read More
- Nov. 14th and Dec. 4th – Mark Your Calendar for Community Meetings regarding the design process for new middle schools in Holyoke - We hope that you can join us for: Community Meetings regarding the design process for new middle schools in Holyoke (pending Read More
NEW MIDDLE SCHOOL BUILDINGS DESIGN MEETINGS
We hope you can join us at community meetings to provide input on the designs for the construction of two new middle schools:
- November 14th at Peck School, 6:00-7:30 PM
- November 27th at EN White, 5:30-7:00 PM. (NOTE: this meeting is being rescheduled – new time and dates TBD.
Read the flyer for more details about these meetings. All citizens of Holyoke are welcome.
Missed the October 25th community meeting? View meeting video below – attendees were able to look at designs, view a presentation, and share ideas.
decrease in dropout rate
increase in Dual Enrollment
increase in graduation rate
Enrichment for Every Student
HPS is taking learning outside the classroom. Thanks to partnerships with many local and national organizations we have doubled enrichment opportunities each week to engage and inspire students. The full school day in our elementary and middle schools provides expanded opportunities for students to explore their interests in the sciences, the arts, sports, and local and world cultures
Access to Technology
Today’s students are tomorrow’s engineers, scientists, researchers and programmers. Through new technology and online programs, we’re connecting students with the opportunities that await them beyond high school.
Improved High School Experience for All
HPS’ redesigned high school experience focuses on providing real-world learning opportunities for every student. We’ve quadrupled the number of college courses HPS high school students can access on and off campus through partnerships with HCC, Westfield State and UMass.
9th grade students have the opportunity to explore a range of college and career pathways. In 10th-12th grade, students focus on their interests and develop plans for success beyond HPS. We welcome and support overaged and under credited students back to school with new pathways to the diploma.
Expansion of Choice Programs
At HPS, we understand that each student has different strengths and interests. We’ve expanded choice programs, including dual language immersion, the health sciences, STEM. and P3 (a personalized learning program). Free Preschool programs are now in every neighborhood school and boast family friendly scheduling options
High Quality Teaching and Learning
We’ve invested in recruiting and retaining top quality educators who inspire bold thinking, recognize student potential, and encourage all students to work towards their goals. The full school day increases time for teacher planning and development. New curriculum materials in math and ELA along with a laptop for each teacher will support engaging instruction.