Standard Enrollment for Pre-K to 12th-Grade Students
Enrollment in Holyoke Public Schools takes place by appointment at our Student Enrollment and Family Empowerment Center, located at 57 Suffolk Street, First Floor in Holyoke. Please call 413-534-2000 option 1 to book an appointment, which are available from Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, and Friday 9:00 am – 2:30 pm.
To apply for PreK, children MUST be 3 years old on or before by September 1st
To enroll in Kindergarten, children MUST be 5 years old on or before September 1st
Documents Required to Enroll
- Completed Enrollment Packet (download from the above section or come to the Enrollment Center to pick up)
- Proof of Child’s Age (e.g. birth certificate, passport, hospital record)
- Immunization records
- Lead Test
- Child’s physical health exam (within the last year)
- 3 Proofs of address in Holyoke, including 1 from EACH category:
- Evidence of Identification: valid driver’s license, MA ID, passport, etc.
- Evidence of Residency: Mortgage statement, signed lease, etc.
- Evidence of Occupancy: Utility bill in your name dated within 60 days
- If Applicable:
- Special Education Documentation (copy of IEP or 504 plan)
- Legal Guardianship Documentation
- Proof that adult is seeking guardianship (copy of petition form for guardianship)
Please note that Holyoke High School Dean Campus has special eligibility requirements.
Contact or visit the schools for more information and application packets:
- Holyoke High School North, 500 Beech Street, Phone: 413-534-2020/21
- High School Dean Campus, 1045 Main Street, Phone: 413-534-2071/72
If your child is interested in enrolling in a career technical program that the Holyoke Public Schools does not currently offer, a Chapter 74 Vocational Technical Education Non-Resident Tuition Form must be completed and the following steps taken:
- Part I and Part II of the form must be received by the Receiving District for completion by MARCH 15
- Part III of the form must be forwarded to the District of Residence for Completion by April 1
*NOTE: APPROVAL OF THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION TO THE RECEIVING SCHOOL
2019-2020 Choice Programs
The Holyoke Public Schools Dual Language Program is an innovative program that offers students the opportunity to learn in two languages: English and Spanish. This program is held at two locations. Metcalf School offers grades PK-5, and E.N. White offers grades PK-2. The goal of the program is to reach high levels of academic achievement, bilingualism, and bi-literacy in a safe and engaging learning environment that values multiculturalism while preparing students for college and career.
Holyoke STEM Academy is a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics school, where students engage in hands-on learning, such as coding and robotics, and develop strong problem-solving and communication skills. STEM Academy is a pipeline into two of our science-themed learning academies at Holyoke High School.
Veritas Prep Holyoke is a college prep middle school, where its close-knit community sets high expectations for each student and supports them with daily tutoring and customized supports.
Summit Learning at Peck (Formerly named Personal Pathway Program – P3) – is a personalized approach to teaching and learning. It is a way for students to unlock the power within themselves to live fulfilled and successful lives. Summit Learning gives every student: support from a caring mentor, life skills that they can apply to real-world situations, and an ability to use self-direction to develop self-confidence, understand their own strengths and weaknesses, and prepare themselves for life after graduation.
The Dual Language Program Metcalf School’s program has expanded to include grade 5. See above for more information about this program.