Welcome to the Enrollment Center!
Enroll Your Student Today for School Year 2021-2022!
Summer & Extended Year Programming Begins July 6th
Preschool enrollment is now open for School Year 21-22!
Visit us online at enrollholyoke.com and enroll today! Call the Enrollment Center at 413-534-2000 to find out where space is available. We offer a variety of programs such as part day, full day, dual language, and Valley Opportunity Council operated PreK. Holyoke Public Schools offers free preschool in the Donahue, E.N. White, Kelly, McMahon, Metcalf, Morgan, and Sullivan schools. To be eligible to begin on the first day of school, for SY21-22, students MUST be a minimum of 3 years old on or before September 1, 2021, and be a resident of Holyoke. Space is limited! Note: Any families with children who will be 3 years old after September 1st can contact the enrollment office after the child’s birthday about available space in our preschool classrooms. We happily enroll students throughout the school year as long as they are at least 3 years old at the time of enrollment. See below for more information.
Enroll Your Student Today!
Please contact our Student Enrollment and Family Empowerment Center between 8:00 am and 4:00pm at 413-534-2000 option 1 with questions. Please note:
- To enroll in Kindergarten, children MUST be 5 years old on or before September 1st.
- Holyoke High School Dean Campus has special eligibility requirements. Visit the Dean webpage for application and admissions policy.
Please note, if your child is interested in enrolling in a career-technical program that the Holyoke Public Schools does not currently offer, a Chapter 74 Vocational Technical Education Non-Resident Tuition Form must be completed and the following steps taken:
- Part I and Part II of the form must be received by the Receiving District for completion by MARCH 15
- Part III of the form must be forwarded to the District of Residence for Completion by April 1
*NOTE: APPROVAL OF THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION TO THE RECEIVING SCHOOL
Documents Required to Enroll Your Student (All Grades)
- Enrollment form filled out and submitted on www.enrollholyoke.com
- Proof of Child’s Age (e.g. birth certificate, passport)
- Immunization records
- Lead Test (Required for kindergarten and preschool enrollment)
- Child’s physical health exam (within the last year)
- Evidence of Identification: valid driver’s license, MA ID, passport, etc.
- 2 Proofs of address in Holyoke, including 1 from EACH category:
- Evidence of Residency: Mortgage statement, signed lease, etc.
- Evidence of Occupancy: Utility bill in your name dated within 60 days
- If Applicable:
- Special Education Documentation (copy of IEP or 504 plan)
- Legal Guardianship Documentation
- Proof that adult is seeking guardianship (copy of petition form for guardianship)
Families, do you have a child that speaks mostly Spanish or is bilingual? We want your student to join our Dual Language Program!
Contact the Enrollment Center today at (413) 534-2000! The program is for students in grades PreK to 7th for SY21-22. “Research suggests that bilingual children function intellectually at a higher level than children who speak, read and write in one language.” The Astounding Effectiveness of Dual Language Education for All Virginia P. Collier and Wayne P. Thomas, George Mason University, 2003.
Program Benefits – Students become bilingual, biliterate, and bicultural. During their elementary school years, most students will be able to read a book independently, solve a complex math problem, ask inquiry-based questions and hold a conversation in both languages! Students who follow this pathway will be able to earn a Seal of Biliteracy from the State of Massachusetts before High School graduation.
This program is held at three locations. For the school year 2021-2022, Metcalf School will offer grades PK-7, E.N. White will offer grades PK-4, and Kelly will offer kindergarten and grade 1.
Eligibility: For the dual language program, students entering preschool must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2021. All students applying for grades 3-7 will need to be evaluated to determine their verbal, written, and reading level in Spanish. Those students must meet the Spanish language criteria for the grade they are applying to in order to be accepted into that grade.
The Middle School Options lottery applications are now available for the 2021-2022 school year! Apply today!
Learn more about the Middle School Options:
- Holyoke STEM Academy is a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics school, where students in grades 6-8 engage in hands-on learning, such as coding and robotics, and develop strong problem-solving and communication skills. STEM Academy is a pipeline into two of our science-themed learning academies at Holyoke High School.
- Veritas Prep Holyoke is a college prep middle school, where its close-knit community sets high expectations for each student and supports them with daily tutoring and customized supports. Veritas Prep will be expanding to include grades 5-8 for school year 2021-2022.
- The Dual Language Program Metcalf School’s program will be expanding to include grade 7 for school year 2021-2022. See above for more information about this program.