Student Enrollment Information
The 2022-2023 school year is now open for new enrollments! Enroll your student from a computer or your smartphone at www.enrollholyoke.com! A list of required documents can be found at https://bit.ly/3fb3NFU.
Please call Enrollment Services between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at 413-534-2000 option 1 with questions.
- To enroll in Kindergarten, children MUST be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022.
- Holyoke High School Dean Campus has special eligibility requirements. Visit the Dean webpage for their application and admissions policy.
Please note, if your child is interested in enrolling in a career-technical program that the Holyoke Public Schools does not currently offer, a Chapter 74 Vocational Technical Education Non-Resident Tuition Form must be completed and the following steps taken:
- Part I and Part II of the form must be received by the Receiving District for completion by MARCH 15
Part III of the form must be forwarded to the District of Residence for Completion by April 1
NOTE: APPROVAL OF THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION TO THE RECEIVING SCHOOL
Still have questions? This Frequently Asked Questions document may help!
Documents Required to Enroll Your Student (All Grades)
- Enrollment form filled out and submitted on www.enrollholyoke.com
- Proof of Child’s Age (e.g. birth certificate, passport)
- Immunization records
- Lead Test (Required for kindergarten and preschool enrollment)
- Child’s physical health exam (within the last 12 months)
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID: valid driver’s license, MA ID, passport, etc.
- 2 Proofs of address in Holyoke, including 1 from EACH category:
- Evidence of Residency: Mortgage statement, signed lease, etc.
- Evidence of Occupancy: Utility bill in your name dated within 60 days
- If Applicable:
- Special Education Documentation (copy of IEP or 504 plan)
- Legal Guardianship Documentation
- Proof that adult is seeking guardianship (copy of petition form for guardianship)
Traditional Preschool Spaces Are Still Available for School Year 22-23!
Visit us online at enrollholyoke.com and apply today! We offer a variety of programs such as part day, full day, dual language, and Valley Opportunity Council operated PreK. Holyoke Public Schools offers free preschool in the Donahue, E.N. White, Kelly, Lawrence, McMahon, Metcalf, Morgan, and Sullivan schools.To be eligible for traditional preschool, students MUST be a minimum of 3 years old and be a resident of Holyoke. We happily enroll students throughout the school year as long as they are at least 3 years old at the time of enrollment.
Dual Language Program Enrollment
FAMILIES, DO YOU HAVE A CHILD THAT SPEAKS MOSTLY SPANISH OR IS BILINGUAL? WE WANT YOUR STUDENT TO JOIN OUR DUAL LANGUAGE PROGRAM!
Contact Enrollment Services today at (413) 534-2000! The program is for students in grades PreK to 8th for SY22-23. “Research suggests that bilingual children function intellectually at a higher level than children who speak, read and write in one language.” The Astounding Effectiveness of Dual Language Education for All Virginia P. Collier and Wayne P. Thomas, George Mason University, 2003.
Program Benefits – Students become bilingual, biliterate, and bicultural. During their elementary school years, most students will be able to read a book independently, solve a complex math problem, ask inquiry-based questions and hold a conversation in both languages! Students who follow this pathway will be able to earn a Seal of Biliteracy from the State of Massachusetts before High School graduation.
This program is held at three locations. For the school year 2022-2023, Metcalf School will offer grades PK-8, E.N. White will offer grades PK-5, and Kelly will offer K-2.
Eligibility: For the dual language program, students entering preschool must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022. All students applying for grades 2-8 will need to be evaluated to determine their verbal, written, and reading level in Spanish and must meet the Spanish language criteria for the grade they are applying to in order to be accepted.