Enroll Your Student Today!
Exciting news for families! Enrollment is going digital! You can enroll your student on your computer or on your phone by visiting enrollholyoke.com. Read our flyer PDF (En Español PDF) and enroll your student today!
Please contact our Student Enrollment and Family Empowerment Center between 8:00 am and 4:00pm at 413-534-2000 option 1 with questions.
To apply for PreK, children MUST be 3 years old on or before by September 1st
To enroll in Kindergarten, children MUST be 5 years old on or before September 1st
Please note that Holyoke High School Dean Campus has special eligibility requirements.
If your child is interested in enrolling in a career technical program that the Holyoke Public Schools does not currently offer, a Chapter 74 Vocational Technical Education Non-Resident Tuition Form must be completed and the following steps taken:
- Part I and Part II of the form must be received by the Receiving District for completion by MARCH 15
- Part III of the form must be forwarded to the District of Residence for Completion by April 1
*NOTE: APPROVAL OF THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION TO THE RECEIVING SCHOOL
Documents Required to Enroll Your Student (All Grades)
- Completed Enrollment Packet (download from the above section or come to the Enrollment Center to pick up)
- Proof of Child’s Age (e.g. birth certificate, passport, hospital record)
- Immunization records
- Lead Test
- Child’s physical health exam (within the last year)
- 3 Proofs of address in Holyoke, including 1 from EACH category:
- Evidence of Identification: valid driver’s license, MA ID, passport, etc.
- Evidence of Residency: Mortgage statement, signed lease, etc.
- Evidence of Occupancy: Utility bill in your name dated within 60 days
- If Applicable:
- Special Education Documentation (copy of IEP or 504 plan)
- Legal Guardianship Documentation
- Proof that adult is seeking guardianship (copy of petition form for guardianship)
2020-2021 Options Programs
Exciting News! The Dual Language Program is coming to Kelly School! (PDF)
The Holyoke Public Schools Dual Language Program is an innovative program that offers students the opportunity to learn in two languages: English and Spanish. This program is held at three locations. Metcalf School offers grades PK-5, E.N. White offers grades PK-2, and new for school year 20-21, Kelly will offer the program in kindergarten. The goal of the program is to reach high levels of academic achievement, bilingualism, and bi-literacy in a safe and engaging learning environment that values multiculturalism while preparing students for college and career.
Eligibility: For the dual language program, students entering preschool must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020. All students applying for grades 3-6 will need to be evaluated to determine their verbal, written, and reading level in Spanish. Students must meet the Spanish language criteria for the grade they are applying to in order to be accepted into that grade.
For the 2020-2021 school year, Metcalf will be expanding to offer grades PK-6, E.N. White will offer grades PK-3, and Kelly will have kindergarten.
Holyoke STEM Academy is a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics school, where students in grades 6-8 engage in hands-on learning, such as coding and robotics, and develop strong problem-solving and communication skills. STEM Academy is a pipeline into two of our science-themed learning academies at Holyoke High School.
Veritas Prep Holyoke is a college prep middle school, where its close-knit community sets high expectations for each student and supports them with daily tutoring and customized supports. Veritas Prep will be expanding to include grades 5-7 for school year 2020-2021.
The Dual Language Program Metcalf School’s program will be expanding to include grade 6 for school year 2020-2021. See above for more information about this program.