We are now accepting applications for our PreK, Dual Language and Middle School Options Programs!
Application Due Dates:
- Dual Language and Middle School Options – First Round applications, March 6th, and Second Round, May 1st
- PreK – Primary lottery period ends April 10th, after which enrollment will be based on availability
Read more below and complete your application today!
The preschool lottery for the 2020-21 school year is open! Read our flyer (PDF) and Apply online |En Español or complete our hardcopy application (PDF)|En Español (PDF).
We are still enrolling PreK students in our 2019-20 Early Childhood program. Space is limited. Call 413-534-2000 and select option for the Enrollment Center to obtain information about availability.
2020-2021 Options Programs
Apply today online / En Español OR Hardcopy paper application (PDF)| En Español (PDF)
Exciting News! The Dual Language Program is coming to Kelly School! (PDF)
The Holyoke Public Schools Dual Language Program is an innovative program that offers students the opportunity to learn in two languages: English and Spanish. This program is held at three locations. Metcalf School offers grades PK-5, E.N. White offers grades PK-2, and new for school year 20-21, Kelly will offer the program in kindergarten. The goal of the program is to reach high levels of academic achievement, bilingualism, and bi-literacy in a safe and engaging learning environment that values multiculturalism while preparing students for college and career.
Eligibility: For the dual language program, students entering preschool must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020. All students applying for grades 3-6 will need to be evaluated to determine their verbal, written, and reading level in Spanish. Students must meet the Spanish language criteria for the grade they are applying to in order to be accepted into that grade.
For the 2020-2021 school year, Metcalf will be expanding to offer grades PK-6, E.N. White will offer grades PK-3, and Kelly will have kindergarten.
Apply online today / Español OR Hardcopy paper application (PDF)| En Español (PDF)
Middle School Options Programs Flyer (PDF)| En Español (PDF)
Holyoke STEM Academy is a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics school, where students in grades 6-8 engage in hands-on learning, such as coding and robotics, and develop strong problem-solving and communication skills. STEM Academy is a pipeline into two of our science-themed learning academies at Holyoke High School.
Veritas Prep Holyoke is a college prep middle school, where its close-knit community sets high expectations for each student and supports them with daily tutoring and customized supports. Veritas Prep will be expanding to include grades 5-7 for school year 2020-2021.
Summit Learning at Peck (Formerly named Personal Pathway Program – P3) – is a personalized approach to teaching and learning. It is a way for students in grades 4-8 to unlock the power within themselves to live fulfilled and successful lives. Summit Learning gives every student: support from a caring mentor, life skills that they can apply to real-world situations, and an ability to use self-direction to develop self-confidence, understand their own strengths and weaknesses, and prepare themselves for life after graduation.
The Dual Language Program Metcalf School’s program will be expanding to include grade 6 for school year 2020-2021. See above for more information about this program.
Standard Enrollment for Pre-K to 12th-Grade Students
Enrollment in Holyoke Public Schools takes place by appointment at our Student Enrollment and Family Empowerment Center, located at 57 Suffolk Street, First Floor in Holyoke. Please call 413-534-2000 option 1 to book an appointment, which are available from Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, and Friday 9:00 am – 2:30 pm.
To apply for PreK, children MUST be 3 years old on or before by September 1st
To enroll in Kindergarten, children MUST be 5 years old on or before September 1st
Documents Required to Enroll
- Completed Enrollment Packet (download from the above section or come to the Enrollment Center to pick up)
- Proof of Child’s Age (e.g. birth certificate, passport, hospital record)
- Immunization records
- Lead Test
- Child’s physical health exam (within the last year)
- 3 Proofs of address in Holyoke, including 1 from EACH category:
- Evidence of Identification: valid driver’s license, MA ID, passport, etc.
- Evidence of Residency: Mortgage statement, signed lease, etc.
- Evidence of Occupancy: Utility bill in your name dated within 60 days
- If Applicable:
- Special Education Documentation (copy of IEP or 504 plan)
- Legal Guardianship Documentation
- Proof that adult is seeking guardianship (copy of petition form for guardianship)
Please note that Holyoke High School Dean Campus has special eligibility requirements.
Contact or visit the schools for more information and application packets:
- Holyoke High School North, 500 Beech Street, Phone: 413-534-2020/21
- High School Dean Campus, 1045 Main Street, Phone: 413-534-2071/72
If your child is interested in enrolling in a career technical program that the Holyoke Public Schools does not currently offer, a Chapter 74 Vocational Technical Education Non-Resident Tuition Form must be completed and the following steps taken:
- Part I and Part II of the form must be received by the Receiving District for completion by MARCH 15
- Part III of the form must be forwarded to the District of Residence for Completion by April 1
*NOTE: APPROVAL OF THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION TO THE RECEIVING SCHOOL