About our Athletics Department
The mission of our Athletics Department is to build self-confidence, self-esteem, pride and respect for self and others through participation in an athletics community which values each student as an individual. Our programs promote sportsmanship, hard work, fair play, fun, the development of team concepts, winning as well as losing with dignity, and other valuable lifelong lessons.
The HPS Athletics Department is committed to ensuring the health of our athletes. Please visit our Sports Head Injury and Concussions web page for more information.
Athletics Department Offerings
HPS High School Sports
Holyoke High School has a robust offering of team sports for fall, winter and spring.
- Cheerleading – JV/ Varsity
- Cross Country – Boys and Girls Varsity
- Field Hockey – JV / Varsity
- Football – JV / Varsity, Golf – Varsity
- Soccer – Boys and Girls JV / Varsity
- Volleyball – Girls Freshman /JV / Varsity
- Unified Basketball – Boys and Girls
- Basketball – Boys and Girls JV / Varsity (Freshman Boys)
- Cheerleading – JV/Varsity
- Indoor Track – Boys and Girls Varsity
- Swimming – Boys and Girls Swimming
- Wrestling – Varsity
- Baseball – JV / Varsity
- Softball – JV / Varsity
- Tennis – Boys and Girls
- Track – Boys and Girls
- Volleyball – Boys JV / Varsity
- Unified Track – Boys and Girls
HPS Middle School Intramural Program
Holyoke Public Schools Unified Sports
Holyoke Public Schools offers two Unified Sports designed to provide a competitive sports program for students with and without intellectual disabilities. We have Unified Basketball in the Fall and Unified Track in the Spring. The primary focus of the program is to learn new skills, meet personal goals and participate with a team. This program has shown proven results in providing students opportunities to play sports together, enhance school climate and give students increased physical, social and educational skills. Our Unified athletes and partners work hard as a team to be successful in their sports and in school. Unified sports have proven to be a wonderful addition to our Holyoke Athletic Program.
H.H.S. Adaptive P.E. Ice Skating Program
The program is for students with and without disabilities. Our student-athletes enjoy being paired with their peers in this adaptive physical education setting at Fitzpatrick Rink.