Medication Information and Forms
- Medication Cover Letter (PDF)
- Parental Consent and Medication Order Form (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Epinephrine Administration Order and Emergency Care Plan (PDF)
- Field Trip Health-Related Information (PDF)
- Field Trip Self-Administration Medication Form for Parents (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Protecting Children from Abduction (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
Check out the new Flu Shot/Influenza Vaccine web page for more info and resources.
The flu vaccine should be given to everyone 6 months and older, as it is the best option for protection, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. The AAP tells us that the annual flu vaccine significantly reduces a child’s risk of severe influenza and death. Special effort should be made to vaccinate all children 6 months and older who have conditions that increase their risk of complications of flu. This includes infants born preterm and those with chronic medical conditions, including asthma and other chronic lung diseases, heart disease, diabetes and other metabolic problems, and weakened immune systems, among others. Influenza vaccine should be given to all women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy or are in the postpartum period or are breastfeeding during the flu season. Contact your child’s School Nurse for more information.
COVID-19 Daily Screening Tool for Staff and Students
HPS has created a tool to be used by staff and students each morning to identify signs and symptoms that may be related to COVID-19. These symptom guidelines incorporate recommendations from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In considering symptoms, exposure, and travel, this tool provides guidance as to when in-person learners and staff should stay home and when they should go to school. It also provides a guideline for remote learners in terms of when they should contact their school nurse with symptoms or COVID-19 positive results.
View the Daily Screening Tool Below
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information & Resources
- For staff – Informational Webinar on COVID-19 Vaccination
- Immunization Records Guidelines (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- Meningococcal Vaccine (MenACWY) Information Statement (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
- MA Immunization Information Fact Sheet for Parents (PDF) | En Español (PDF)
School Nurses are key members of the education team and leaders of school health who keep students healthy, safe and ready to learn. Healthy children attend school regularly, participate in their classes and do better on assignments and tests. Holyoke Public School nurses help make this happen!
Morgan – Camille Lopez, email@example.com,
phone: 413-493-1667, fax: 413-540-2426
- HPS Wellness Policy 2020-21 | En Español
- Emergency Care Planning during COVID-19 and Beyond for Children and Youth with Special Healthcare Needs
- Stay Aware Be Prepared Website
- West Nile Virus Information | En Español
- Free, Family, Fun Ideas for School Closures | En Español
- Social & Emotional Development Parent Toolkit
- Chickenpox Fact Sheet | En Español
- Dental Providers in the Greater Holyoke Area (PDF)
- Facts for Parents about E-cigarettes and Vaping | En Español
- School Medication, Procedure and Treatment Order Guidelines – Medications, Procedures and Treatments at School Require Current Written Orders and Parent/Guardian Signature – If your child needs a medication, procedure or treatment during the school day, a current and proper order from a licensed prescriber must be given to the nurse at your child’s school before the student enters or re-enters school. Orders will be renewed as needed, including at the beginning of each academic year. Contact your child’s school nurse for more information or if you have questions. En Español (PDF).
- Protecting Children from Extreme Heat – Extreme heat can cause children to become sick in several ways. Make sure to protect your child from the heat as much as possible, watch for symptoms and call your pediatrician if you see any develop.|(En Español).
- Great Body Shop Comprehensive Health Education Curriculum
- Let’s Move Holyoke! 5-2-1-0 A Moverse Holyoke! 5-2-1-0
- Head Lice Information – Head Lice (Pediculosis) Policy (PDF) / En Español (PDF) / MA DPH Head Lice Fact Sheet (PDF) / En Español (PDF)